ATTENTION VOTERS-WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND AND ENCOURAGE FACE MASKS WHILE VOTING
Goodwell Township was organized by the Board of Supervisors on January 10, 1882, and formed out of Big Prairie Township.
There was never a town, village or city in this township. There was a post office from 1898 until 1905. There was a store and
lending library at the Fetterley Farm prior to when it was purchased by Jesse and Lizzie in the early 1900's. There were three
schools on Five Mile Road, Reynolds, Fetterley and Smith. There was a second Fettterley school across from the town hall on
Cypress. Dudgeon School and Graham Meyers School were on One Mile Road. The Township Hall was built in 1893.
The Goodwell Cemetery is next to the town hall, on the corner of Three Mile Road and Cypress. The famous Dudgeon
and Doc Hodell are both buried there. Children attending the Fetterley School were let out to watch the funerals.
2465 N. Cypress Avenue White Cloud, MI 49349 For mail please use 4423 N. Locust Ave. White Cloud, MI 49349